Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

All Discussions Tagged 'data' (97)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

BI on BI

This article suggests a few types of insights and reports you can generate by applying analytical methods and techniques to your business i…

Started by Eran Levy

0 Apr 18, 2016

Advice on using similarity metrics in content based recosystems

For the below dataset, what would be the best similarity metric in recommending movies to user1? Currently I'm using TFIDF to calculate wei…

Started by suresh kumar Gorakala

0 Dec 21, 2015

Call for Speakers - BIWA Summit'16 The Oracle Big Data + Analytics User Conference, January 26-28, 20016

Call for Speakers - BIWA Summit'16 The Oracle Big Data + Analytics User Conference January 26-28, 20016 Oracle Conference Center at Or…

Started by Charles Berger

0 Aug 6, 2015

Using MARS for Imbalanced data

Hi all, recently, i’m working on my thesis about classification for child labor using decision tree C5.0 algorithm compare with multivariat…

Started by adiangga

0 Mar 19, 2015

Preparing categorical data with a large amount of categories

Hi all, I have data containing few categorical columns with a huge amount of categories at each (more than 1000 different categories at eac…

Started by Alex

2 Feb 16, 2015
Reply by Alex

Some Machine Learning algorithms that you should always have a strong understanding of, and why?

We studied university curricula (from computer science, stats and business schools). The top contenders are linear programming, regression,…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Sep 22, 2014

Coolest things that have been done by statisticians, data scientists, or machine learning experts.

Obviously, there are some wonderful problems solved by data scientists. However, I love the below problems which are worked on and believe…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Sep 11, 2014

How are BSP (binary space partition) trees used in machine learning algorithms?

One of the standard approaches in machine learning is called “instant based learning (IBL)”. K-Nearest neighbors algorithm is perhaps the m…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Aug 22, 2014

INSOFE's prior authorization models predict the outcome with a 93% accuracy.

INSOFE's prior authorization models predict the outcome with a 93% recall and accuracy.Doctors want to prescribe medicines that do not need…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Aug 21, 2014

Easiest way to learn machine learning.

There are some excellent resources here. But, I thought, the more helpful approach might be a plan and hence am adding one more answer to t…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Aug 18, 2014

RSS

Follow Us

On Data Science Central

On DataViz

On Hadoop

© 2017   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service