Amazon Development Center Scotland
We are looking for an outstanding data scientist to work on exciting worldwide initiatives, initially focused on optimization for behaviourally targeted advertising. You will work as part of an agile team at our centre in Edinburgh, Scotland, creating and leveraging huge datasets which are unique to Amazon.
- Gather and manage large datasets from multiple sources.
- Data conditioning – transform data into a usable state using appropriate tools and techniques
- Evolve and enhance systems and tools for agile data analysis and visualisation.
- Perform analysis and design experiments to identify potential improvements to our advertising efficiency.
- Research, evaluate, implement, and present statistical methods to provide actionable optimization.
- Develop an analytical mind-set within wider software development team through education, coaching and mentoring.
Masters or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Analytics, Physics or equivalent field with 3+ years’ professional experience and a proven track record in a role focused on understanding, processing extracting value from large datasets. Candidates should have experience of and be comfortable with programming in an OO environment.
Experience with any of the following will be strongly regarded:
- Large scale data processing, e.g. Hadoop and associated computational challenges
- Practical experience in relevant machine learning and modelling techniques including time series forecasting, decision trees, multi-linear/logistic regression, Bayesian analysis, etc.
- Building data products incrementally and integrating datasets from multiple sources
- Agile data analysis using iterative steps to build towards ultimate goal. E.g. rapid integration of new data sources, rapid evolution of data schema, flexible ad hoc data analysis.
- Online experimentation and associated statistical models e.g. A/B testing
- Near real-time data analysis – processing and exploiting new data to feed into decisioning systems
- Making data tell its story through data presentation / visualisation tools and techniques
- Experience using SAS, R, or equivalent
- Competence in model-building/model-validation, and performing hypothesis testing
- Solid computing / programming skills: e.g. proficiency in Linux/UNIX, Java, Perl
- Results-oriented with a strong customer and business focus
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed, but also a co-operative team player
- Entrepreneurial ‘think big’ mind-set
- Ability to communicate well and discuss complex topics with both technical and business audiences
- Ability to deal well with ambiguous and undefined problems
- Able to thrive in a challenging and dynamic environment
- Strong sense of ownership and passion for finding patterns in large scale data sets
We offer a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits. This is your opportunity to develop a rewarding career, work in a unique environment, and be part of a passionate and international team to work hard, have fun and make history!
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and a successful background screening check. This check will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy and procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Apply for this and other jobs at http://amazondc.com
Search hundreds of analytic job ads by time, location and keyword
Please mention datashaping.com when applying. Thank you.
Purchase job ads | Join our social network