SUMMARY OF POSITION
Turbine, Inc. seeks a Statistical Data Analyst for the Turbine Marketing department. Working with the Business Intelligence, Digital Publishing, marketing and game studio teams, the Statistical Data Analyst will work to unlock value in the data generated by game play activity. By leveraging in-game behavioral and transactional data this person will develop predictive models to support retention and monetization strategies for designated WB Games titles. This is a multifaceted role that will work as an extension of the Business Intelligence and Digital Publishing teams to understand player behavior and drive measurable results.
- Specify, develop, execute and evaluate predictive models using advanced statistical techniques.
- Develop segmentation models based on individual game play, subscription and purchase behavior to enable the business to better understand the player base.
- Document and communicate findings to appropriate people and teams.
- Work with the Digital Publishing and Marketing teams to synthesize results into effective marketing programs to achieve desired objectives.
- Develop game-specific analyses and reports using the Business Intelligence platform to complement standard BI reporting.
- Develop and test marketing or merchandising programs and report results including lift and ROI.
- Define and document data capture requirements for new game titles or updates. Work with data warehouse team to define data structures to support analysis.
- Provide data warehouse team with segmentation and scoring rules to leverage segmentation logic throughout the BI platform.
- Select and establish technology platform for statistical analysis.
- Statistical degree (statistics, mathematics) with advanced degree a plus.
- At least 2+ years experience with quantitative and statistical analysis in an online media company (experience in the gaming or social media space a big plus).
- At least 2 years work experience with statistical and/or data mining software.
- Advanced statistical and data mining background and should be comfortable in all phases of statistical analysis from data exploration and discovery to developing and executing predictive models.
- Experience with one or more BI enterprise tool sets (Cognos8, Microstrategy, etc.).
- Strong SQL skills, preferably in a Vertica or MS SQL Server environment.
- Advanced expertise with a leading statistical (SAS, SPSS, Statistica etc.)
- Solid understanding of OLAP Cubes (MSAS, Cognos Powerplay, TM1) helpful. MDX for querying of OLAP cubes experience is a plus.
- Experience with data mining tools and techniques very helpful (clustering, regression, nearest neighbor, neural networks).
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices and systems development lifecycle.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Flexible, able to shift direction with the demands of the business and juggle competing priorities.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, highly creative environment where growth will be achieved largely through creativity, high integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment.
- Vertica experience is a big plus.
To apply go to wbgamesjobs.com and search under Boston.
Search hundreds of analytic job ads by time, location and keyword
Please mention datashaping.com when applying. Thank you.
Purchase job ads | Join our social network