Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

The annual meeting for R users will be held at NIST outside DC on July 20-23rd. As part of the program committee, I am hoping to organize a track on Commercial Applications of R at the conference. I'd like to get R users to share best practices and challenges around applying and deploying R in a commercial environment.

If you have an interesting application of R that you'd like to tell others about, I encourage you to submit a proposal for a talk. More info on the conference and submitting papers can be found here: http://user2010.org/

Note, the deadline for submitting papers is March 1st.

Regards
Lou
--------------------------
Lou Bajuk-Yorgan
Sr. Director, Product Management
Spotfire, TIBCO Software
[email protected]
206-802-2328

Views: 447

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea, Lou! I'll definitely submit an abstract about REvolution R Enterprise and what it takes to get R used in a commercial setting.
hi friends,
I am new to R.I would like to know R-PLUS.Does any know where can I get the free training for R-PLUS.

Regards,
Peng.
Hi Peng

Depends on what you mean by R-PLUS. Just to be clear:
R is the original open source application. More info, pointers to resources available at http://www.r-project.org/.

S+ is the commercial forerunner of R, developed and sold by TIBCO (my company). More info here. We offer online training courses on both S+ and R. You can find more info on our Training site here

REvolution offers a separate distribution of R called R Enterprise (as David mentions in his previous post) which you can find out about here.

I believe "R-PLUS" is a separate distribution of R offered by XL Solutions

Hope this is useful for you.
Lou
What is meant by a commercial application of R? Do you mean using R in an commercial environment or do you mean a stand-alone software application that is developed or interfaced with R?

I use R to do predictive analytics to help detect consumer fraud.
I meant both, actually. Mainly the former (using R in a commercial environment to solve a significant business problem), but also the latter. Sounds like you have a great application for this, and I encourage you to submit an abstract for useR 2010.

RSS

Follow Us

On Data Science Central

On DataViz

On Hadoop

¬© 2017   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service