I've just started the list. I need your help to finish it. I want to include companies whose core business is analytics / data science / big data.
- SAS, Asterdata, KXEN: private, not publicly traded
- Teradata, Oracle, Sybase, EMC/Greenplum: core business is databases, servers, cloud rather than analytics
- SPSS, Netezza: acquired by IBM
- Google, Facebook, Amazon, LinkedIn: business models deeply rooted into analytics, but not offering analytic solutions as core bussiness
- Deloitte, Market research companies offering consulting services
- IBM: analytics is not the core of their business